Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year's Wishes

First, I must say that I have been effected by recent events as I would think anyone has been. Apart from the disconnected sense that I feel when such an immense tragedy happens so far away, there is a desire to do something. Anything. As I listen to the radio, NPR, the main thing that seems to come across from the spokespeople who are breaking down current events, is the need for money. Send it if you should have it to spare. The largest fear of these charitable organizations is that the sustained needs felt throughout southeast Asia will far outlast our collective attention to such a dire situation as we slowly and inevitably return to our lives and lifestyles and personal concerns.

So, here are a few links...

SEA-EAT Blog
The American Red Cross
Unicef
OxFam International

More to Come...

Best wishes to all.

No comments: